At a press conference outside of our Queensbridge clinic today, Saturday, April 17th, Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney announced that she had secured $4,320,500 for The Floating Hospital in the American Rescue Plan.
The resources will help us expand services and access to COVID-19 vaccines in underserved communities.
We’re beyond grateful to Rep. Maloney for her relentless championing of our work. At the press conference, additional remarks were delivered by:
- Donovan Richards, Queens Borough President
- April Simpson, Queensbridge Tenants Association President
- Stephanie Chauncey, Queensbridge Tenants Association Vice President
- Ellen Barker, Executive Director, The Floating Hospital
- Sreeta Karl Quintana, Director of Clinic Operations
The location of the press conference was notable, in that Rep. Maloney secured the necessary funding to open the Queensbridge clinic.
The Floating Hospital provides high-quality healthcare to anyone who needs it regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, immigration or insurance status, or the ability to pay. By providing unrestricted medical care in tandem with health education and social support to vulnerable New York City families, The Floating Hospital aims to ensure those most in need have the ability to thrive, not just survive.