At a press conference outside of our Queensbridge clinic today, Saturday, April 17th, Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney announced that she had secured $4,320,500 for The Floating Hospital in the American Rescue Plan.
The resources will help us expand services and access to COVID-19 vaccines in underserved communities.
We’re beyond grateful to Rep. Maloney for her relentless championing of our work. At the press conference, additional remarks were delivered by:
- Donovan Richards, Queens Borough President
- April Simpson, Queensbridge Tenants Association President
- Stephanie Chauncey, Queensbridge Tenants Association Vice President
- Ellen Barker, Executive Director, The Floating Hospital
- Sreeta Karl Quintana, Director of Clinic Operations
The location of the press conference was notable, in that Rep. Maloney secured the necessary funding to open the Queensbridge clinic.