The Floating Hospital On Call Telehealth Services
Medical visits from wherever you are
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has quickly changed our daily lives, and The Floating Hospital is here to do everything we can for our patients during this public health crisis.
As part of our efforts to help minimize the spread of COVID-19, we are now offering telephone and video visits with our doctors, as an alternative to office visits.
To schedule, just call your doctor’s office during regular business hours and request a video visit.
What you need to know about telehealth visits
at The Floating Hospital
A video visit is similar to an office visit, only instead of traveling to see your doctor you can video conference with them from your home. Our providers can assess symptoms, make a diagnosis, recommend treatment, and send new prescriptions or refills electronically to your pharmacy.
Follow-up visits with a doctor, mental-health visits, sick visits, some podiatry, and dermatology issues are all examples of visits that can be done by video chat. Appointments that require physical examinations, such as annual physicals, well child visits, gynecological and IUD appointments, still require an office visit.
Please call the office of the provider you want to schedule an appointment with and request a video visit.
All insurance plans cover video visits, also known as “telehealth visits”, during this pandemic crisis.
Yes, video visits are available for children 5 years of age and up, as long as they have a parent present for the visit and an email address that can be used for scheduling.
Video visits can occur two ways.
1. Provide a TFH scheduler with an email address. A link for the video visit will be emailed to you prior to your appointment. At the time of your appointment, click the link in your email from your smartphone or tablet. Here’s how.
2. Via the patient portal or the Healow app. Watch a video to see how.
• Arrive early for your visit by logging into the portal or clicking the emailed link
• Click Join Televisit
• Fill out any required questionnaires
• Click Proceed to test your systems connection
• Click Start Televisit to enter the Virtual Waiting Room
• Your provider will begin the face-to-face Televisit and disconnect when the visit ends.
Many of our locations are open for existing and new appointments. We are taking every precaution to keep our patients and visitors safe in this changed environment, including modified patient and visitor policies. For the latest information on temporary closings or adjusted hours, please visit the locations section of our website.
If you are experiencing flu or COVID-like symptoms, call your doctor for a video visit and determine if you need to be seen in person. We are not currently accepting walk-in visits as we want to make sure all patients that may be seen in clinic are protected. Necessary sick visits will be scheduled outside of well visit hours.