that will serve you and your family for life
Our customized care includes routine and preventative gynecology personalized to your special medical issues and lifestyle.
- Gynecologic exams
- Adolescent gynecology
- Menstrual pain and irregularities
- Pelvic and vaginal discomfort and infections
- Breast exams
- Menopause management
- Gynecologic cancer screenings and pap testing
Family Planning and sexual health
Whether you are seeking birth control that suits your lifestyle or looking to add to your family, we are here to support your decisions and provide you with the services you need in a safe and confidential setting*
- Contraception counseling
- Preconception healthcare
- Prenatal referrals
- Non-directive pregnancy counseling/family planning
- Emergency contraception
- Long acting reversible contraception (IUD, Nexplanon) implant and removal
- Sexually transmitted disease testing
- HIV testing and counseling
- PrEP and PEP
Conditions we treat
- Abnormal and painful periods including menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
- Delayed periods
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Premenstrual dysphoria disorder (PMDD)
- Vaginal discomfort and infections
*The Floating Hospital will never share your information without your signed consent.
The Floating Hospital provides reproductive health education on topics including contraception, sexually transmitted diseases, communication and negotiation skills with a focus on helping patients avoid unwanted or undesired sexual activity.
All services are offered to patients at The Floating Hospital on a voluntary basis.
How You Can Help
The Floating Hospital remains unchanged in its commitment to provide care, regardless of ability to pay, to New York City’s most vulnerable residents, homeless families living in family shelters and domestic violence safe houses. For them we are an island of stability in their often turbulent, and ever-changing, world. Your support matters and makes a difference.