The Floating Hospital welcomed its first patients on board in 1866, and with them came volunteers from every walk of life: nurses, musicians, teachers, community groups, dignitaries, school children, and city workers. Today, our volunteer opportunities include:
- Help out at a community or clinic events
- Read to a child
- Help a child create something amazing at an arts and crafts workshop
- Bring our mission to life with marketing, social media, and design work
- Help us with website development and coding
- Make everything happen through administrative and clreicalwork
- Provide essential data entry and filing
The Floating Hospital’s summer internship program provides work experience and careertraining for students, 9th grade through collegiate freshman year students interested in the medical and healthcare fields. We provide a meaningful experience within a professional work environment to help prepare students for a productive future as they join in our mission of providing quality and respectful healthcare to all.
Our interns often come from local summer youth programs, local libraries, or medical assistant schools in Queens, though we are happy to interview any interested student. We pair them with specialists in areas of their chosen field of concentration. Office administration, technology, medical records, phlebotomy, and dentistry are among our interns’ most popular areas of interest.
The Floating Hospital offers an exciting externship program for motivated medical assistant students that are passionate about their craft. Get real-world experience providing care to patients while receiving guidance and support from a mentor.