JOIN US AND CELEBRATE WHAT WE’VE DONE TOGETHER…
Because of your support, we can do whatever it takes to bring healthcare, relief and comfort to children and families without a home.
This year, we’ll be at the historic and sumptuous Metropolitan Club, the perfect setting for our Roaring Twenties theme. Emmy-award-winning WPIX reporter Monica Morales is our special guest host, and the Duke Ellington Legacy Band (led by Duke’s grandson, Edward Ellington) will entertain us with live jazz. We’ll welcome you with full bar, a bespoke cocktail and a generous buffet. It promises to be a splendid night that can only be made better by your presence.
AND PLEDGE YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE WORK AHEAD.
Homelessness among families in New York City has hit epidemic proportions, a humanitarian crisis fueled by domestic violence and a lack of affordable housing.
Parents living in family homeless shelters, domestic violence safe houses, doubled up with families and friends or living on the streets lack basic securities—food, clothing, shelter—that others take for granted. Such conditions have profound effects on their health and their futures.
HEALTHCARE ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH. We’ve spent 155+ years assisting the neediest New Yorkers with their everyday and chronic medical, dental and mental health concerns. In this crisis, however, healthcare alone is not enough. We do more because we have to do more:
- We break down barriers to care by providing families with free roundtrip transportation to their healthcare appointments.
- We help families navigate the complexities of homelessness, including free health education for all ages, in school and at our clinic.
- We give families urgently needed food, clothing and supplies such as diapers and hygiene products. We supply kids with toys, books and backpacks stocked for school. Many families we see have little more than what they can carry in a suitcase or shopping bag.
- We help families navigate the housing and healthcare systems and other bureaucracies, ensuring they meet the protocols to receive benefits, education and housing.
- We make positive changes to their life trajectory through Camp Rise Up, our summer camp experience.
HELP CONTINUE A LEGACY OF LOVE AND CARE FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT MOST
Political climates change. institutional care programs are constantly changed by political forces that restrict and cut funding. In good times and bad, the need for charity has not diminished. And The Floating Hospital will always be there. Thanks to you.
Your ticket or sponsorship will help continue The Floating Hospital’s historic legacy of providing access to compassionate care and relief for our city’s neediest families, regardless of their ability to pay.
Will purchase a new shuttle vehicle to safely transport families to and from their healthcare appointments at no cost to them.
Will fully outfit a medical suite in our flagship clinic, and help us serve more families.
Will purchase a new dental chair for the clinic, ensuring our families receive exceptional oral healthcare.
Will cover the cost of 100 behavioral health visits for children, teens and adults dealing with the stress of homelessness.
Will purchase food, backpacks, personal care supplies, bedding, clothes and bathing suits for 30 teens attending our innovative sleep-away experience, Camp Rise Up.
Will provide 75 families with healthcare access via free roundtrip shuttle van service.
Many thanks to our sponsors
Sarajane Brittis, PhD
Sean T Granahan, Esq
LaPlaca Hardy Family
Shannon & Philip LaRocco
Amy De Shong